Sunday, April 25, 2010

No Reserves, No Retreats, No Regrets

“For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith...” 2 Timothy 4:6-7

William Borden, the heir of the Borden Dairy fortune, graduated from Yale University. With the prospects of a long and wealthy career, Borden decided to became a missionary. He immediately went to Egypt to learn Arabic because of his intent to work with Muslims in China. While in Egypt, he contracted spinal meningitis. Within a month, a 25-year-old William Borden was dead. After his death, the following words were found penned in his Bible: “No reserves,” “No retreats,” and “No regrets.”

Dear Friend, now will you finish the race of faith? Make sure you complete your course with style! Give God your whole life and hold nothing back. Be faithful to Him. This is the only way to stand before the Lord with no regrets!