Monday, February 6, 2012

Enjoy Your Salvation

“I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.” John 15:5-11

Knowing and experiencing Christ as your life is possible because of the great exchange that took place when you embraced Jesus as your Savior. At salvation you received His righteousness for your guilt, His light for your darkness. However, that was only the beginning. Because Christ now indwells you in the innermost part of your being, you have His resources to meet your every need.

Jesus freely gives you His peace for your anxiety. Although you may be in the midst of fretful circumstances, you do not have to worry or be filled with fear. Jesus is your peace; there are no troubled waters that He cannot calm.

Jesus freely gives you His joy for your depression. Depression comes from dwelling too heavy on your circumstances instead of fixing your focus on Christ. The joy of the Lord is in you and can be released as you turn to Him, worship Him for His sufficiency, and trust Him to work our your problems.

Jesus freely gives you His love for your loneliness. The love of Jesus is without measure. He accepts you as your are, planning only the best for you. And He gives you His Helper, the Holy Spirit, to be with you at all times.

God never lets go and never ceases to bless you with superabundance of divine love.

“Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.” 2 Corinthians 5:17