Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The God Who Knows

“O Lord, Thou hast searched me and known me. Thou dost know when I sit down and when I rise up; Thou dost understand my thought from afar. Thou dost scrutinize my path and my lying down, and art intimately acquainted with all my ways.” Psalm 139:1-3

Do you realize that God is never surprised by anything you do? He knows the kind of person you are. David’s expression in this Psalm comes not from a heart of pride or egotism, but from a heart filled with the wonder of God’s infinite care over each created being.

An uplifting quality about the God we worship is that He is intimately acquainted with us and is concerned about each of us. Those who are a part each of us. Those who are a part of His forever family through faith in Christ’s redeeming death can be confident that they are never out of His care.

How comforting to know that while in an inhumane prison, under the worst conditions, Christians like Corrie ten Boom were never for a moment outside of God’s awareness. “Yes, but what about God’s power to rescue people from circumstances like that?” you may be asking.

He knows it all. We must admit to being very limited in the depth and breadth of our experience and understanding. What a tremendous difference there is between our infinite minds and His infinite knowledge and wisdom.

Do you trust Him? He has your best interest at heart.