Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Keep Your Eyes on the Prize

“Not that I have already obtained it, or have already become perfect, but I press on in order that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:12-14

Before God, you, the believer, are perfect. Then there is the growth toward perfection which Paul speaks about in Philippians 3. This is a process of maturing spiritually. In this, we all remain travelers until we reach heaven. It is not as though progress is never made - milestones never passed. Paul keeps right on going so that he might perfectly fulfill God’s purpose for his life.

Continually forgetting those things which are behind, routs out any unbecoming pride in accomplishments - or disheartening defeat. Either will encumber you in the race ahead.

As you press on to perfectly fulfill God’s purpose for you, you need not tire of the process.

Slogan: Keep on Keeping on.
Goal: Triumph in Christ.