Sunday, December 9, 2012

You are Secure in Christ!

“Jesus answered them, ‘I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me. But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.’” John 10:25-30

One of the areas where the enemy often hits hardest is in the arena of our feelings. If he can just get us to feel unsure of our salvation, it opens the door to all kinds of doubt, insecurity, and unstable attitudes and actions.

Do you suffer from doubt concerning your salvation? Are you secure in the knowledge that you are a born again child of God? If so, remember that your salvation is based upon fact, not upon how you feel. You may feel depressed or discouraged. Does that mean your salvation is hanging by a thread? No, that means your emotional state is at a low ebb.

Remember your position in Christ. As a forgiven, reconciled child of God, you are in a unique position. The above Scripture is one which gives evidence of God’s concern for you on this point. As His child, He knows who you are; He has given you eternal life; and no one, or nothing, can remove you from the security of His hand.

That position is a fact. That fact may cause you to experience a feeling of security and joy; but the feeling is a result of the fact. Many a person has grappled with uncertainty regarding their salvation, but it is something which the Lord Jesus obviously wants to be a settled issue of fact. Stand on the fact of your salvation and let feeling follow.

If we could merit our own salvation, Christ would never have died to provide it.