Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dealing with Fear, Part 2

“Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10


God’s Word is alive with strength and courage to help us encounter every fear or phobia that plagues us. Isaiah 41:10 is a timeless prescription that has helped many Christians confront and conquer their fears because it is loaded with fear-busting truth.

“Do not fear, for I am with you...” You are not alone with your fears. God lives in you to help you. This should bring great comfort and encouragement to know Christ is with you always.

“...Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God...” God in all His power, wisdom, love, and mercy is on your side. He is personally acquainted with you. You are part of His family, and He looks after you in a fatherly manner.

“...I will strengthen you, surely I will help you...” In your weakness, God promises to make you strong. He never tires or falters. His shoulders are eternally broad. How much can He help you? As much as you let Him.

“...Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” God is your advocate. He keeps and protects you. He is your stronghold, your refuge. Though you may be shaken, He never is. His everlasting arms are underneath you to hold you in your most desperate moments.

“Men who fear God face life fearlessly.” -Richard Halverson