Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Power of Partnership

“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all, in view of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now. For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. For it is only right for me to feel this way about you all, because I have you in my heart, since both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers of grace with me. For God is my witness, how I long for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:3-8

Time and distance are not prohibitive factors in God’s work. You don’t have to be highly educated or have special training and financial backing. You’re qualified to be a missionary partner right now. “How can I really help a missionary thousands of miles away when I have to stay at home and do my job?” you ask. It may seem impossible, but God has many ways for you to be involved.

Get to know some missionaries - Take advantage of mission conferences and talk to your missions personnel. They will be happy to give you names, and perhaps pictures, so you can develop genuine interest as you learn their needs and desires.

Pray for them daily - Ask God to help them see the results of their work, the fruit that He is bringing about from their obedience. Also pray that God will give them courage and the right words to say in all situations.

Encourage them often and support them if you can - The people you pray for and support want to know who you are. Letters, small gifts, and clippings from newspapers and magazines are wonderful ways to say “I care.”

When you participate actively with believers around the world, there is no limit to the influence you can have for Christ’s kingdom.

Your influence on earth depends upon your investment in the kingdom of heaven.