Sunday, June 10, 2012

Our Response to Brokenness, Part 2

“The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned before, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.  I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:9-13

The minute seed corn that was buried in the ground burst forth into a cornucopia of grain. Likewise, the Christian, stripped of self-sufficiency and entered into a new dimension of life in Christ, is positioned for maximum fruitfulness in the kingdom of God.
               
The broken man enjoys a new measure of power in the Holy Spirit of God to work in and through him, putting no confidence in the flesh. He is charged with the life and energy of the Holy Spirit.

The submitted man is joyful in the Lord. He is no longer hostage to changing circumstances, riding the ups and downs of emotions or happenings. The joy of the Lord is his strength.

The yielded man is alert to the needs of others. He is used by God to minister to other hurting people because he is not consumed with his own problems. He has wisdom and insight from the Lord to share, not his own futile reasonings.
                       
He still must deal with the trials and ordeals of daily life; but there is a lift to his countenance, a surety about his ways. He relies wholly on Christ. There is freedom, liberty, and new devotion to Jesus and His work.

The Lord sustains all who fall and raises up all who are bowed down.” Psalm 145:14