Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The True Test of Character

“Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity,
And I have trusted in the Lord without wavering.
Examine me, O Lord, and try me;
Test my mind and my heart.
For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes,
And I have walked in Your truth.”  Psalm 26:1-3


That’s the kind of statement which every believer ought to be able to make when an adversity. But how many of us “blow it” by impatience, anger, and other attitudes.

From the time we first meet young David in the narrative of 1 Samuel to the time of David’s death, we continue to see a man whose actions set him apart from his contemporaries - and it’s not just that he is the anointed king of Israel. David exhibits an ability to walk in the world in a blameless way.

These 10 character qualities in David’s life are noteworthy. He was:
Forgiving
Cautions
Patient
Loyal
Compassionate
Respectful
Alert
Humble
Prayerful
Grateful

David’s spirit is beautifully reflected in Psalms 86 and 103. Read them and agree with David, making your life a psalm of praise to God.

“Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity,
And I have trusted in the Lord without wavering.” 
Psalm 26:1