Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ask - Believe - Receive

“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you. By this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.” John 15:7-8

The Founder of the Chine Inland Mission, J. Hudson Taylor, became infected by a malignant fever during a laboratory accident as a young medical student.

Refusing to leave for the English countryside to recover, Taylor, in need of funds, felt lead by the Spirit to visit a nearby shipping office where he might collect overdue wages.

Exhausted and feeble, Taylor wondered how he would traverse the two miles. “The assurance was brought vividly home to me that whatever I asked of God in the name of Christ would be done,” Taylor later wrote in his autobiography.

“What I had to do was seek strength for the long walk, to receive it by faith and to set out upon it. I asked in the name of Christ that the strength might immediately be given; I set out not to attempt to walk, but to walk to the shipping office.”

Taylor made the journey and received the needed funds. Depending on God’s strength became the norm during his three decades of work in China.

Your weakness is occasion for God to show Himself strong on your behalf. Lean on Him in faith and receive His power to meet the demands.