Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Christmas Wish

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.” John 3:16-17

“What I’d like to have for Christmas
I can tell you in a minute.
The family all around me,
and the home with laughter in it.

Never mind the usual trinkets,
wrapped in tissue, tied with ribbon.
I want chuckles from the oldest,
to the baby with her bib on.

What I really want for Christmas
is a gift that’s precious, very.
It’s the family all around me,
and a Christmas Day that’s merry.

But the richest man now living
hasn’t gold enough to buy it.
Only God above can grant it,
and His blessing must supply it.”
- Edgar A. Guest