Friday, April 5, 2013

Walking Through the Darkness with God, Part 2

“Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
For the sake of Your name, O Lord, revive me.
In Your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble.
And in Your lovingkindness, cut off my enemies
And destroy all those who afflict my soul,
For I am Your servant.”  Psalm 143:10-12

                       
“How childlike - ‘teach me’! How practical - ‘teach me to do’! How undivided in obedience - ‘to do Thy will’! This is the best form of instruction, for its source is God, its object is holiness, its spirit is that of hearty loyalty. The man is hidden in the Lord, and spends his peaceful life in learning the will of his Preserver. When the heart can sincerely call Jehovah ‘my God,’ the understanding is ready to learn of Him, the will is prepared to obey Him, the whole man is eager to please Him.       

There is no inheritance like a portion in the land of promise, the land of precept, the land of perfectness. He who teaches us must put us into leading-strings, and guide and conduct us to His own dwelling-place in the country of holiness. The way is long, and steep, and he who goes without a divine leader will faint on the journey; but with Jehovah to lead, it is delightful to follow, and there is neither stumbling nor wandering.”
                                                                   -Charles Spurgeon
                                                                     The Treasury of David, Volume 3