Wednesday, April 3, 2013

You are Not Alone, Part 2

“But you, Israel, My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, descendant of Abraham My friend, you whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called from its remotest parts and said to you, ‘You are My servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you. Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Behold, all those who are angered at you will be shamed and dishonored; those who contend with you will be as nothing and will perish. You will seek those who quarrel with you, but will not find them, those who war with you will be as nothing and non-existent. For I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, ‘Do not fear, I will help you.’ Do not fear, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel; I will help you,” declares the Lord, “and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.”  Isaiah 41:8-14

Loneliness, or the feeling of being all alone, is not only a sensation experienced by those living in isolated regions of the earth; it is even strongly felt by those who live in crowded cities, where they are never physically alone.
           
The expression “lost in a crowd” takes on new meaning when you look at the crowded streets and sidewalks of any major city in the world. Though packed shoulder to shoulder, there is a sense of isolation and insulation as you look into the faces and the eyes of those you pass.

It has been said that we build walls instead of bridges. But God is in the bridge-building business, linking Himself with humanity on a one-to-one basis. He deals with each one of us individually, meeting us at our most crucial point of need.
                                       
Is your need to find relief from loneliness and the oppression of having no real friends? Read today’s suggested Scripture, and accept God’s words for you today.

“But you will rejoice in the Lord, you will glory in the Holy One of Israel.” Isaiah 41:16