Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bounding Homeward!

“Make me know Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; For You I wait all the day.” Psalm 25:4-5

In the movie Homeward Bound, “Shadow,” a golden retriever, leads “Sassy,” a cat, and “Chance,” a bull terrier, up a mountain to find their way home (they thought they’d been abandoned by their owners). Shadow, the older dog, truly believes the mountain is the only thing between them and home, but when they reach the top they discover several more mountains ahead. That’s how I feel as I study the things of God: no sooner do I mount one peak than I discover so much more remains to be learned. Unlike Shadow and his friends, I’m not disappointed or overwhelmed...I count it a blessing and a delightful challenge.

I am reminded what the Apostle Paul said in Romans 11:33-36, “Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor? Or who has first given to Him that it might be paid back to Him again? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things to Him be the glory forever. Amen.”

Remember - the deeper you dig, the richer it gets. Go after the nuggets in His Word and you will be blessed.

Thought for the Day:
To know God is at once the easiest and the most difficult thing in the world. -A.W. Tozer