Friday, February 26, 2010

Trust the Absolute

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6

I thought this was good and pass it on to you -

“I am an avid hunter and spend many hours in the deepest woods I can find. I have been lost several times. Once I went into an area on a cloudy day and after several hours realized that I didn’t know which way to go. I knew that I had to go north to find the road and was positive I was going that direction. As a last resort, I looked at my compass, which has a needle that is half red and half white. I was so determined that I knew which way to go that I began to follow the white pointer. I knew from past experience, that the red arrow pointed north but I thought I knew more than the compass. Only when I realized I was lost and going the wrong direction was I willing (saw the need) to turn around. I was soon back in familiar country.

When Jesus began His preaching ministry, ‘repent’ was His first commandment (Matt. 4:17). Repentance is the keystone upon which all other commandments and instructions for living the Christ-centered life are built. ‘Repent and believe. Repent and be baptized. Repent and be converted. Repent and be saved. Repent or perish.’ ‘Repent’ is found seven times in the letters to the churches in Revelation.

For true and absolute salvation, three things must come together; repentance, faith, and grace. Grace is the only absolute. Repentance may be emotional and faith may be intellectual, but God’s grace to save is absolute.

For hunting, I trust my compass to tell me which way to go. When traveling, I trust my wife. For salvation, God is absolutely wonderful.” -Wayne Nix

Think about it -
“A faith that hasn’t been tested can’t be trusted.” -Adrian Rodgers