Thursday, February 25, 2010

Parable of the Pig and Cow

“Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure--pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.” Luke 6:38

A rich man said to his minister: “Why is it everyone is always criticizing me for being miserly, when everyone knows that I have made provision to leave everything I possess to charity when I die?” “Well,” said the minister, “let me tell you about the pig and cow. The pig was lamenting to the cow one day about how unpopular he was. ‘People are always talking of your gentleness and your kindness,’ said the pig. ‘You give milk and cream, but I give even more. I give bacon and ham. I give bristles, and they even pickle my feet! Still, no one likes me. Why is this?’ The cow thought a minute and then said: ‘Well, maybe it’s because I give while I’m still living.’”

Don’t misunderstand this truth - Giving to charity when you pass is wonderful, but giving while you’re living is too! Let God use you to be a blessing to others. You will be glad you did!