Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Great is Thy Faithfulness

“The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
‘The LORD is my portion,’ says my soul,
‘Therefore I have hope in Him.’
The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
To the person who seeks Him.
It is good that he waits silently
For the salvation of the LORD.” Lamentations 3:22-26


The question always comes up - is God’s love limited? Will there ever be a time when I can do something that will cause the Lord not to love me? The answer is absolutely not! There may be times when He is not pleased with what we do, but His love is unconditional. He cannot love you more than He loves you right now. Note our text - His lovingkindnesses never cease, and His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is Thy faithfulness! The question is not - is God faithful, but - are we? But I’m learning that the more I realize and rest in His love, the more I want to be faithful and follow after Him.