Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Key to Blessings

“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.” John 15:7-11

A scene from a children’s musical depicts a group of angels discussing the believers on earth. One angel turns and asks the others, “Do they know how much the Father loves them? Do they realize how much He cares?”

God promises to eternally provide for you. Yet there is one condition He places before us: obedience. Every need Adam had was attended to, but he disobeyed God. All that Israel could ever dream of obtaining was theirs - yet they abandoned the ways of God, and disobedience ruled their hearts.

Throughout history, a discomforting glitch has remained in the heart of mankind. We have continued to seek the pleasures of other gods while pushing away what God offers so freely - His love and devotion. We have ignored the fact that we are His redeemed - purchased at Calvary’s cross.

The guarantee He offers us is the same one He gave to Abraham, Isaac, David, Mary, and the disciples: “Come unto Me...Drink My living water and find refreshment for your souls.” Trace His provision through the Bible. Start with Genesis and follow it through to Revelation. All that you need He will provide, if you will place your trust in Him.