Friday, June 25, 2010

He Speaks to Us!

“These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. You heard that I said to you, ‘I go away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.” John 14:25-28

In the Old Testament, God spoke to His people through the prophets. Men like Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and others exhorted Israel to return to purity and worship of the Lord. God gave these men the ability to see and proclaim truth.

God’s reason for speaking today is much as it was then; however, His method has changed drastically. In seeking to build an intimate relationship with us, God now speaks directly to the hearts of those who believe in Him through the Scriptures and the illuminating presence of the Holy Spirit. The birth of Jesus Christ turned an important page in history by opening the way for us to establish and enjoy a personal relationship with the heavenly Father.

While God still speaks through spiritual leaders, he delights in communicating with you - one on one. From the beginning of your life, He has sought your fellowship. Now it is your decision. God waits for you to come to Him. He has already come to you through the Person of Christ.

You may know Him as your Savior, but do you know Him as Lord and intimate Friend? Building a close relationship with God takes time. As you pray, ask Him to guide you into an even deeper relationship so you may know His ways and find eternal glory in His blessings.