Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Dad Knows God!

“My son, give attention to my words;
Incline your ear to my sayings.
Do not let them depart from your sight;
Keep them in the midst of your heart.
For they are life to those who find them
And health to all their body.
Watch over your heart with all diligence,
For from it flow the springs of life.
Put away from you a deceitful mouth
And put devious speech far from you.
Let your eyes look directly ahead
And let your gaze be fixed straight in front of you.
Watch the path of your feet
And all your ways will be established.” Proverbs 4:20-26


It was a typical scenario of young boys debating who’s father was the best. This discussion highlighted who their fathers knew. The first boy started the debate by claiming his father knew the mayor. He was soon topped by the second boy who said, “That’s nothing, my dad knows the governor.” The stakes were getting pretty high and the eavesdropping father wondered what his young son would say about him. The little boy shot back, “So What!? My dad knows God!”

Would your son say the same thing? May our children always be able to say, “My dad knows God!” Happy Father’s Day!!!