Sunday, November 28, 2010

Eternal Life Now!

“When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:11-13

Paul writes, “For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.” One day we will see Jesus and all that we have suffered and enjoyed will pale in comparison to the truth and reality of His presence.

Often the reason we don’t maximize the life we have is because we don’t really know the One who gives life. We may have an idea or mental image of God, but the reality of His presence is not something we incorporate into our lives on a daily basis. If we did, we would stop trying to solve our own problems and give Him the burdens of our hearts. We would not place emphasis on acquiring material possessions but trust Him to meet all our needs. We would be more interested in abiding in Him and allowing His presence to be evident through our actions.

Living with an eternal perspective begins by asking Jesus to saturate every area of your life with Himself. You don’t have to wait until eternity to experience the intimate fellowship of God. Open your life up to Him, fully and completely, and He will give you a blessed taste of eternity now.

“Our Heavenly Father would have us do real business with Him in our praying.” -C.H. Spurgeon