Friday, June 20, 2008

Making the Effort!

“For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12

Here is the bottom line truth - We need to study, meditate, pray, and apply the Word of God to our hearts.

There is no substitute for truth. Nothing can replace personal time in the Word of God.

We have too many who want to read books about the Bible instead of reading the Bible!!! There are no short cuts to being a disciple of Jesus, it takes time, effort, and obedience. Don’t be a sloppy student, and don’t let others do all the work for you! Get into the Book, better yet, get the Book into you.

While I believe, with all my heart, that God can use pastors, teachers, and nurtures to help you grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, I also believe God wants to spend time with you in His word, seeking truth and insights for yourself.

We all have to come to the place where we believe - not because someone has told me to - but because I know that it’s true. And I know that it is true, because I have discovered truth in my personal time with the Lord.