Monday, June 16, 2008

Stick to the Word

"The one who despises the word will be in debt to it, But the one who fears the commandment will be rewarded." Proverbs 13:13

I have stood on the Word of God all my ministry. I am convinced that it is the infallible, inerrant, inspired Word of God.

It does not merely contain God's word - it IS God's Word. It is not an old book that needs to be updated, or a book that is not relevant to our time. It is a Book that needs to be read, believed, obeyed and trusted.

There are always those who seem to know more about life than God. There are those who openly challenge Biblical authority or try to modernize Biblical truth and in reality change truth to fit the culture. I've never thought I was that smart, now don't get me wrong, I'm not against change, you have to change in order to reach people where they are, but you don't change: The man, The message, or The mission that God has given us.

But we must be willing to change the mindset, the methods and the ministries to reach people for Christ.

Again, not the principles, but the methodology. Remember, methods are many, principles are few, methods we change, principles we never do!

Trust the Word, it is up to date, relevant and speaks today like it always has to every generation. It is a timeless Book, never gets outdated and you can stand on its truth.