Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Present Tense

“And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” John 14:3

I want to look at this verse one more time and remind of a tremendous truth that is here. Note that Jesus says that “where I am,” that is present tense. It means right now and at this very moment - and yet, the text was written 2,000 years ago.

Jesus had not yet been crucified or ascended to the Father, so He is speaking of that which was to be.

Today we live in a world that says to us, There is no God, There is no eternity - it’s eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow you die. And that’s it!

However, this text says something all together different, so who are you going to believe?

I have met a lot of skeptics in my lifetime, unbelievers and people who scoff at the Bible, but in all my conversations with people about Jesus, I have never met one yet that ever said that Jesus was a liar.

Jesus said, "I am going to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, you may be also.”

I don’t know about you, but I’m going with Jesus on this one!
Anyone can come up with a theory, but I choose to believe the eye-witness!