Friday, June 13, 2008

We Need to Pray!

“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to the Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” John 14:12-13

Are you beginning to sense the deep need in this country for a tremendous work of the Holy Spirit? Is God increasing this prayer burden in your life?

If this is a burden in your heart, it has been placed there by the Spirit of God. Every spiritual awakening of which there is record began with prayer. Often it was the prayer of a few. But it was the kind of prayer that knew nothing of wristwatches and prior commitments.

How can you pray for revival?

“But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper shall not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin, and righteousness, and judgment.” John 16:7-8

Ask for an increased work of the Holy Sprit in the lives of both Christian and non-Christian, that one-by-one this country will turn from unrighteousness to God. Today, be a priestly intercessor for the members of your family. Ask God for their salvation, renewal, or growth, whichever is appropriate.

Exercise your faith today and see your family and this country fulfilling God’s expectations.