Friday, August 15, 2008

Pray About Everything

“...but in everything by prayer and supplication...” Phil 4:6

We are to pray....Why?

Experience God’s presence.
“...teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo,
I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous!
Do not tremble or be dismayed,
for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9


Claim God’s promises.
Over 7,000 promises in the Word of God. Jesus told us to ask.
John 15:7; John 16:24

Pray specifically.
A problem that is not worth praying about is not worth worrying about.
“I sought the Lord, and He answered me,
And delivered me from all my fears.” Psalm 34:4

“...casting all your anxiety upon Him,
because He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7

“Cast your burden upon the Lord, and He will sustain you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.” Psalm 55:22


Patience.
Isa 40:31; Psm 27:14; Rom 8:25

Our problem today is NOT unanswered prayers it is un-offered prayer.
We need to pray and believe!