Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Comfort of Wisdom

“But he who listens to me shall live securely, and shall be at ease from the dread of evil.” Proverbs 1:33

He who listens, pays attention, does what he is told to do. Praise the Lord!
You don’t have to suffer calamity, dread, distress, anguish, silence, or eternal death.

You can choose life.

Someone once said, “He is no fool to give up what he cannot keep, to gain that which he cannot lose.”

Let me share with you a truth that I have discovered - the hardest thing to do in the Christian life is to obey God. We want to do our own thing, make our own decisions, go our own way, and still have all of God’s blessings - but that’s not how it works.

However, the easiest thing to do in the Christian life is to obey God. Just as soon as you decide that He is God!

You’re not God, but He is God. I am a servant of the Living God. He is my Master, my Savior, my Hope, my Security, my Lord, and my Friend. My Goal, therefore, should be to glorify Him.

With that decision comes the freedom to be all that He created me to be. I find great comfort in that!