Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Condemnation of Wisdom

“Because I called, and you refused; I stretched out my hand, and no one paid attention; And you neglected all my counsel, And did not want my reproof; I will even laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your dread comes, When your dread comes like a storm, And your calamity comes on like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come on you. Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they shall not find me, Because they hated knowledge, And did not choose the fear of the Lord. They would not accept my counsel, They spurned all my reproof. So they shall eat of the fruit of their own way, And be satiated with their own devices. For the waywardness of the naive shall kill them, And the complacency of fools shall destroy them.” Proverbs 1:24-32

This passage is one of the clearest in Scripture of the fact of God’s judgement and the reason for it.
Because -
1. Wisdom called and was refused.
2. Wisdom stretched out her hand and no one paid attention.
3. Wisdom council was neglected.
4. No one wanted wisdom’s reproof.
The Word of God
The Prophets of God
Jesus Christ
His Church
His Principles
His People

They will come -
Calamity V 26
Dread V 26
Distress V 27
Anguish V 27
Silence V 28-30
Death V 31-32