Monday, October 20, 2008

The Council of Wisdom

“Turn to my reproof, Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.” Proverbs 1:23

We looked yesterday at three kinds of individuals that wisdom calls too - the Naive, the Scoffer, and the Fool.

His call is simple - turn to My reproof = repent!

What’s the problem of the Naive, Scoffers, and Fools?
It is sin.

The solution is - “Repent”
Mark 6:12
Luke 13:1-3
Luke 15:7
Acts 2:36-38
Acts 3:16-20

Two things a man needs --
1. The Holy Spirit - to convict and give him the faith.
2. Clear instructions.

Now make this note - It is not God who does not love, care, or call - it is man who refuses to hear, heed, and come.
We will reap what we sow, but it won’t be because God didn’t call us, plead with us, or show us the way out. And what is the result of turning a deaf ear toward God?