Sunday, November 23, 2008

Don’t Worry...Be Confident

“For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.” Phil 1:6

I’m thinking this may be a verse we should all memorize and hold on to in the years ahead. In the midst of everything we could worry about, here is a promise from God.

The promise is simple - when it comes to your life, whatever God has started, He will finish!!!

Believe me when I tell you, that nothing that is going on right now has taken God by surprise. The election, the economy, the world situation, nothing has taken God by surprise.

He is still on His throne and as the Apostle Paul says, “I am confident in this very thing...” (the fact that God loves you and has saved you in His sovereign grace), “that He who began a good work in you,” will - not maybe or most likely, “will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.”

Remember, one plus God is a majority. I have read the last page, we win!!! Now go out and have a great week in Christ.