Friday, November 14, 2008

God’s Unconditional Love

“Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions; According to Thy lovingkindness remember Thou me, For Thy goodness' sake, O Lord.” Psalm 25:7

Everyone has something they are not particularly proud of. You are relieved that some things are not public knowledge.

Even if you do not have deep dark secrets, you still would rather everyone did not know your idiosyncrasies or your bad habits. Behind that desire to remain private, is the fear that people would lower their opinion of you if they knew more about you.

It is a joy to realize that God is never surprised by your actions or even the secrets of your heart. Knowing you perfectly, His love for you remains unchanged. To be known and loved is the joy of the believer.

“O Lord, Thou hast searched me and known me. Thou dost know when I sit down and when I rise up; Thou dost understand my thought from afar. Thou dost scrutinize my path and my lying down, And art intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O Lord, Thou dost know it all....Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it.” Psalm 139:1-4,6

It is a comfort in difficult times to say to an omniscient, loving God:
“When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, Thou didst know my path...” Psalm 142:3

Today, celebrate God’s love and acceptance, for He already has all the facts - and loves you unconditionally.