Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day!

“Her children rise up and bless her;
her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
‘Many daughters have done nobly,
but you excel them all.’
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands,
and let her works praise her in the gates.” Proverbs 31:28-31


The following is a list of “I owe you’s” which apply to mothers all over the country, all of which are long overdue. Stop after each one and consider the priceless value of the one who made your life possible - your mother.

“Dear Mom:
As I walk through my museum of memories,
I owe you - for your time. Day and night.
I owe you - for your example. Consistent and dependable.
I owe you - for your support. Stimulating and challenging.
I owe you - for your humor. Sparky and quick.
I owe you - for your counsel. Wise and quiet.
I owe you - for your humility. Genuine and gracious.
I owe you - for your hospitality. Smiling and warm.
I owe you - for your insight. Keen and honest.
I owe you - for your flexibility. Patient and joyful.
I owe you - for your sacrifices. Numerous and quickly forgotten.
I owe you - for your faith. Solid and sure.
I owe you - for your hope. Ceaseless and indestructible.
I owe you - for your love. Devoted and deep.”

-Charles R. Swindoll, Strong Family