Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Key to Contentment, Part 2

“Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me--to keep me from exalting myself! Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.’ Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.” 2 Corinthians 12:7-9

How is God sufficient for our every need? “My grace is sufficient for you...” (2 Cor. 12:9). The unlimited, immeasurable, superabundant grace of God is adequate for all our needs. What is grace? It seems so vague. It sounds nice, but how do we grasp it?

Ron Hutchcraft, a popular radio speaker, defined God’s grace in this way: “Grace is whatever you need, whenever you need it.” In other words, grace is custom-tailored to your personalized set of needs.

Do you need courage? God’s grace is sufficient. Do you need hope? God’s grace will supply it. Do you need wisdom? God’s grace is more than adequate. Do you need financial help? God’s grace will provide a channel of aid. Knowing the sufficiency of God’s grace, we can learn to be content in our circumstances. Regardless of the situation, there is nothing that God cannot supply with His abounding love and favor.

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ today for His amazing grace that fits your most pressing demands - perfectly.

“For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace.” John 1:16