Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Benefits of Giving Thanks

“It is good to give thanks to the Lord...” Psalm 92:1

People often say, “Pastor, I know the Bible says we ought to give thanks to the Lord, but sometimes I don’t 'feel' like it.”
Listen,we don’t live by our feelings, but by our faith.

There are reasons we need to give thanks in all things.
Let me list a few ~
Giving thanks keeps me aware of the presence of God.
Giving thanks motivates me to keep looking for God’s purpose.
Rom 8:28
Giving thanks motivates me to become more and more yielded to His will.
Giving thanks makes me aware of my dependence on Him - Keeps me focused.
Giving thanks teaches me to trust Him.
Giving thanks is essential to rejoicing in the Lord.
Giving thanks gives impact to our witness.
Giving thanks energizes me in difficult situations.

Be happy and give thanks with a grateful heart!