Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Obligations of a Steward, Part II

“For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under
compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel. For if I do this voluntarily, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have a stewardship
entrusted to me.” I Corinthians 9:16-17


We started yesterday looking at the obligations of a steward, and saw that we are stewards of life and one another.

We are stewards of the gospel, Matthew 28:19-20. As God’s stewards, we are to be responsible managers, faithful proclaimers, and conscientious teachers of the truth He has entrusted to us.

We are stewards of spiritual gifts. “As each one has received a special gift,
employ it in serving one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace
of God.” I Peter 4:10

There is nothing about private gifts in Romans 12:6-8 and I Corinthians 1:12-14. The gifts were given to the body for encouragement, edification and evangelism.

We all have freely received gifts of God’s grace. All are to faithfully use
these gifts, according to the intent of the Giver, to serve others and glorify
God. I Peter 4:7-11

Dear Lord, help us to be faithful to use what You have given us to glorify You and bless others.