Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Being Faithful

'Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. Rev. 2:10

A lady once asked John Wesley that suppose he were to know that he would die at 12:00 midnight tomorrow, how would he spend the intervening time. His reply, "Why Madam, just as I intend to spend it now. I would preach this evening at Gloucester, and again at five tomorrow morning; after that I would ride to Tewkesbury, preach in the afternoon, and meet the societies in the evening. I would then go to Rend Martin's house, who expects to entertain me, talk and pray with the family as usual, retire to my room at 10 o'clock, commend myself to my heavenly Father, lie down to rest, and wake up in Glory."

I like that story because it says that John Wesley was living for Christ and Christ so lived in him, that he would not have to do one thing different to be in His will.

The question then today is this - "Are we being faithful to do all that we know our Lord has called us to do...as a Christian...as a citizen...as a church member?"

He is worthy of our effort, He is worthy of our best! He has given His all for us, we need to be faithful.