Monday, May 19, 2008

Kindness Wins

“To sum up, let all be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit.” I Peter 3:8

An old man, telling what led him to the Savior, said, “Walking out one morning I met a bright-eyed boy. The little fellow stepped up to me and in the most polite manner imaginable said, ‘Please, sir, will you take a tract, and please, sir, will you read it?’ I had always loathed tracts, and when offered one I sometimes swore dreadfully, but I could not swear at that gentlemanly little fellow with his kind ‘Please, sir!’ I took the tract and it was the means of leading me to Christ. The ‘Please, sir’ was the key that unlocked my hard old heart.”

“For hearts, like doors, open with ease -
to very very little keys,
and these are ‘Thank you! And ‘If you please!’”

People are far more open to those who show genuine concern and compassion, than those who shove the Gospel down their throat. I am convinced that there are many who do not turn down Jesus - but rather, those who are supposed to represent Him! Be kind, and most in turn will be kind back.