Thursday, May 22, 2008

Power Over Sin

Then Daniel spoke to the king, "O king, live forever! "My God sent His angel and shut the lions' mouths, and they have not harmed me, inasmuch as I was found innocent before Him; and also toward you, O king, I have committed no crime." Daniel 6:21-22

It was the late C. I. Scofield, the author of the Scofield Study Bible who said that -
‘Within a week of my conversion I passed a picture store in St. Louis and saw, hanging in a window, a picture of Daniel looking up in the den of lions and answering the king’s questions. I was a drunken lawyer before I was converted. No one had told me about that picture, and a great hope and stood before that picture, and a great hope and faith came into my heart. I said, “Why ! These lions are all about me – my old habits and my old dins – but the God that shut the lions’ mouths for Daniel can shut them for me!’

But remember - God did not deliver Daniel from the lion's den but He did deliver him from the lion’s mouths.