Thursday, March 11, 2010

Jesus is Omnipresent

“Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
If I say, ‘Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
And the light around me will be night,’
Even the darkness is not dark to You,
And the night is as bright as the day
Darkness and light are alike to You.” Psalm 139:7-12


God is everywhere present. Because you believe in a personal God, you have no trouble with the truth that He is everywhere present. How else would He be God? This is true of Jesus. He is present everywhere. The promises He made to His disciples bear this out:

“Jesus answered and said to him, ‘If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.’” John 14:23

“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20


Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father. He is everywhere. He is within each believer. You have a great God. He is beyond your understanding. God has revealed these mysteries to us to believe. And He gives us faith to do that.

Read again the promises Jesus made to the disciples. Claim them for yourself. Be assured of His presence in you now.