Friday, March 19, 2010

Pray and Believe

“With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.” Ephesians 6:18-20

For whom are you praying a promise from God? God’s work is best understood when you record the interaction you have with Him regarding -
- His promises,
- the person for whom you are praying,
- what you think you understand of how God is at work,
- the very evident response or results.

As we claim a promise of the Word of God, the Holy Spirit imparts the faith to believe that its terms will be fulfilled in the context of our prayer. If you haven’t begun to use a prayer journal, start today. Pray these promises from the Word of God. Or, select others for you prayer time today.

“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” Matthew 6:33

“Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.” John 14:13-14

“...that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:16-19


When God proclaims a fact, faith accepts and acts upon it.